Apply     Visit     Give     |     Alumni     Parents     Offices     TCNJ Today

How to Request a Background Check

You may be asked to provide information on your disciplinary history at the College when applying for a job or pursuing higher education. The Office of Student Conduct can provide disciplinary records for you. Please following the proceeding steps in order to obtain your disciplinary records:

Applying for a job?

  1. Send us a release form
    1. Print, sign, and scan OR
    2. print, sign, and mail a Disciplinary Background Release Form (available here: Authorization&Release_FormerStudent0515), the
  2. Send it to either the following email address:, or

the following mailing address:


The College of New Jersey

Student Conduct & Dispute Resolution Services

2000 Pennington Rd, #7718

Ewing, NJ 08628

3. Include in your message to us a detailed address list of the places and people to whom the records must be sent.


Applying to transfer or to graduate school after your time at the College?

  1. If you are requesting disciplinary records through the Office of Records and Registration, you need not send us a separate request. Records and Registration will send your information to us, and we will process them for you.
  2. If you are not going through the Office of Records and Registration, you will need to follow the steps previously detailed under “Applying for a Job?”